Green Transport Strategy
Vehicles are a major contributor to local and global pollution. We deliver to sites and customers all over the mainland UK and therefore, we need to manage our business as well as our personal transport use. An environmental policy for transport has been established which we are implementing through our Green Transport Strategy, which includes the
- The monitoring of all drivers and vehicles to allow us to assess the scope for fuel efficiency improvements.
- The regular maintenance of our vehicles to ensure their efficiency to help minimise air emissions.
- Taking account of environmental considerations when purchasing new company vehicles. We will also keep abreast of new developments in fuel and vehicle technology and their applicability to our business.
- Making information on environmental performance of vehicles available to employees so they can make informed choices when purchasing
- Looking for creative ways of working as this will reduce the number of vehicles on the road at peak times and therefore help alleviate
- Reviewing the level of business travel and the development of a policy to encourage employees to reduce business journeys wherever possible.
- A car share scheme for business journeys.
- An ongoing review of support for alternatives to the car including walking, cycling and public transport for staff undertaking local journeys.
- Promoting alternative working methods to reduce the need for travel, for example tele-conferencing, video-conferencing and home working.
Good environmental management is central to our activities. Regardless of individual views on Climate Change and Global Warming, at the root of our Green Transport Strategy is the desire to save money by eliminating waste.
We actively seek to limit the environmental impact of our business activities and to enhance environmental quality in areas where we have influence. We recognise that our use of transport and that of our service providers and commuting staff may impact on the environment through natural resource use, emissions to air, noise and contributions to local congestion. We are committed to minimising these impacts wherever possible.